|History Website for Dibdin, Aglio, Rowntree, Guise, and other Families|
|History Homepage||Picture Gallery||Photo Gallery||Museum||Articles||Sitemap|
|Dibdin Homepage||Aglio Homepage|
Life and Times of the Dibdin - Aglio Family
A summary setting the family in a historical context
1745 - 1925
Appendix - Extra Notes regarding Agostino Aglio
Return to The Life and Times of the Dibdin - Aglio Family
Agostino Aglio was committed to
Kings Bench Prison 13 Jun 1811
New information regarding the children of Agostino Aglio
Ancestry records show that Agostino and Letitia had a son John William Emily (Emilius) Aglio baptised at St Mary Abbots Church in Kensington on 5 July 1820. We have no date of birth but it may be assumed that he was born a few weeks before baptism. This is the first reference found to another son and sadly he died a couple of years later in 1922.
An archive note was found referring to Mary Elizabeth Aglio being baptised at St Mary Abbotts on 5th July 1820 Wed. This date fits in better with John as Ancestry record shows that she was baptised on 25th May 1821 some three years after she was born. Strangely at the same time Augustine was baptised despite having been baptised on 16th Oct 1816 just to days after he was born.
Ancestry records show that in the same month that Augustine was born, Augustine (Agostino) Aglio and Jane Tomlinson, presumably Aglio’s mistress, had a son Peter Augustine Aglio born on 11th Oct 1816 and baptised 28 Oct 1816 at St Marylebone , Westminster.
What a busy time he must have had! The ancestry record referring to this event was found in Aug.2016 and before this time there had never been any mention of a mistress or lover. The implications of child of marriage and a love child born in the same month are amazing.
Bench Prison was a
prison in Southwark,
south London, England,
from medieval times until it closed in 1880. It took its name from the King's
Bench court of law in
which cases of defamation, bankruptcy and
other misdemeanours were
heard; as such, the prison was often used as a debtor's
prison until the
practice was abolished in the 1860s. In 1842, it was renamed the Queen's
Prison, and later became the Southwark
by the eighteenth century, the King's Bench Prison had long been one of
London's largest prisons for debtors. It lay on the east side of Borough
High Street in Southwark, and adjoined the Marshalsea Prison on the same